Principal Professor Dr. Muhammad Abu Yusuf Khan (অধ্যক্ষ প্রফেসর ড. মুহাম্মাদ আবু ইউছুফ খান, তামিরুল মিল্লাত কামিল মাদ্রাসা) was born on March 12, 1968 in a noble Muslim family in the village of Mahmudpur under Sadar Police Station of Netrakona District. His father is the late Muhammad Mofiz Uddin, a prominent religious scholar, and his mother is the late Abida Akhtar. On January 23, 1992, he got married to Kazi Suraiya Jahan, eldest daughter of Kazi Alhaj Mawlana Md. Nurul Islam Saheb, a noble Muslim family of Chairman Bari of Suhila village under Sadar (Thana) Police Station. It is to be noted that, in the presence of his respected father, late Mafiz Uddin and one of the prominent Islamic thinkers, the former honourable Principal of Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasah, Mawlana Muhammad Zainul Abedin, (তা’মীরুল মিল্লাত কামিল মাদরাসার সম্মানিত সাবেক অধ্যক্ষ মাও. মুহাম্মাদ যাইনুল আবেদীন) he has turned to be a great administrator, academician and Islamic scholar.
Currently, he is the father of three daughters. They are (1) Sumaiya Az-Zahra (2) Sadia Az-Zahra and (3) Mubasshara Az-Zahra. He performed Hajj in 1993 and 2009 alone and in 2018 with his family. Moreover, he performed Umrah in the month of Ramadan in 2016 at the invitation of the Saudi Royal Government.
Currently he is staying at 452, Mirhajirbagh, Jatrabari, Dhaka and is working as the Principal of Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasa. Dr. Abu Yusuf Khan has been actively involved with various institutions, committees and programs at the national and local levels in the field of education.
Education life: (শিক্ষা জীবন)
Primary education: He received his early education by father late Maulana Mofiz Uddin, a prominent religious scholar. Then he finished his primary madrasha (পঞ্চম শ্রেণি) from Jamiya Miftahul Ulum Yagdaham in Netrokona. Then he studied Nahumir and Hedayetunnahu (নাহুমীর ও হেদায়েতুন্নাহু) from Al Jamiatul Islamia Momenshahi, run by late Mawlana Athar Ali (a renowned religious scholar and politician). Then he moved to the capital Dhaka to quench his thirst for knowledge. From the Jamiatul Uloom Emdadia Faridabad Madrasa in Dhaka, he wandered into different branches of knowledge, including Kafia, and gained extensive etymology. After that, he went to Aljamiatul Qur’an Al Arabiyyah, a famous religious educational institution established in Lalbagh, Dhaka, with the aim of reaching the highest level of knowledge. There he acquired the highest degree of Dawra-I-Hadith (দাওরায়ে হাদীস) from Shahreh Jami to Darse Nezami level. In his student life, he was not lagging behind in acquiring leadership qualities. He worked earnestly to solve various problems of the students. As a result, students were elected VP of the Jamiah for two years by direct vote of the students of the institution. This scholar could not be satisfied with getting the highest degree from the Darse Nezami madrasah. Along with this, he also vowed to acquire the education of Aliyah Madrasah under Bangladesh Madrasah Education Board (আলিয়া মাদরাসা, বাংলাদেশ মাদ্রাসা শিক্ষা বোর্ড). Respectively he passed (1) Dakhil, (2) Alim (Equivalent to SSC, HSC) from Mankanda Islamia Alim Madrasa in 1984 having First Division under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka and (3) Fazil (Equivalent-Bachelor) from Muktagacha Abbasia Kamil Madrasa in 1986 with First Division under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka. He obtained the degree of (4) Dawra-i Hadith in 1985 obtaining third place in the first section from Al Jamiatul Qur’an Al Arabiya, Lalbagh Dhaka. Then he passed his (5) Kamil in Fiqh (master’s degrees) from the Government Madrasah-i-Aliya Dhaka in 1990 having 1st Division under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka. Next he started his educational journey in general stream and passed (6) B. A. (Pass) from Dhaka College, Dhaka in 1990 with Second Class under the affi8liation of the University of Dhaka and appeared in (7) M. A. (Preliminary) Arabic Language and Literature in the year of 1994 obtaining First Class having the Third Place under Bangladesh National University, Gazipur and completed his (8) Masters from the same university in 1995 in the first class in the same discipline.
Dr. Abu Yusuf Khan is the author of many books on academic and religious aspects. His numerous articles on different affairs have been published in national and international journals.
From the University of Dhaka he achieved his Ph.D on ‘Abdullah Ibn Al Mubarak (R.A.) and his Contributions towards Ulumul Hadith and Arabic Poetry’ in 2009 under the supervision of a renowned Islamic thinker, honourable Chairman of the Department of Arabic Language and Literature, Professor Dr. Abdul Mabud.
He also travelled across the borders of the country to the far away to seek knowledge. He went to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the purpose of acquiring knowledge. Here he did “Certificate of Proficiency in Arabic Language” (6 Semester), and acquired Excellent in 1993 from the King Saud University, Riyadh, KSA. In the same year he attended in “Certificate Course of Islamic Shariah” from the same university and got Excellent. Moreover, he also obtained a certificate in “Arabic Calligraphy” from the King Saud University.
Linguistic skills: (ভাষাগত দক্ষতা)
Principal Dr. Abu Yusuf Khan acquired deep proficiency in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills in Bengali, Arabic and Urdu. He has also excelled in English and Persian languages.
He is an enlightened person in his professional career. His light of wisdom has been scattered in various institutions and workplaces. He first started his career as
1) Najem Talimat at Halimiya Jamia of Munshiganj district.
2) Then as Coordinator, CALP Program, Bangladesh Open University (বাংলাদেশ উন্মুক্ত বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়).
3) Part-time Lecturer, Asian University Bangladesh (In the session of 2006-2007 এশিয়ান ইউনিভার্সিটি বাংলাদেশ)
4) Past Lecturer “Arabic Language Course” Bangladesh Open University, Gazipur, 1989-1994 (বাংলাদেশ উন্মুক্ত বিশ্যাবিদ্যালয়, গাজীপুর)
5) Lecturer “Arabic Language (1989-1994) Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasah (তা’মীরুল মিল্লাত কামিল মাদরাসা),
6) Assistant Professor (Al-Hadith) at Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasah from 1994 to 2000 (তা’মীরুল মিল্লাত কামিল মাদরাসা)
7) Vice Principal at Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasah (2000-2019 (তা’মীরুল মিল্লাত কামিল মাদরাসা)
8) Principal (2019 onwards) Ta’mirul Millat is working at Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasah, Dhaka. (তা’মীরুল মিল্লাত কামিল মাদরাসা, ঢাকা)
Dr. Khan is active with various national and local organizations. Currently he is a member (1) Editorial Board, Arabic, Bengali Dictionary, Islamic Foundation Bangladesh. (2) Chief Editor, Madrasa Magazine. (3) Head Examiner, Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka. (4) Head Examiner, Islamic Arabic University, Dhaka. (5) Head Examiner at NTRCA (6) Member: Curriculum Committee, Islamic University in Madrasa Wing in 2007. (7) Expert: National Curriculum and Text Book Board, Madrasa Wing. (8) Former Khatib at well famous Sutrapur Jame Masjid Dhaka. (8) Present Khatib at Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasa Jame Masjid, Dhaka.
Dr. Abu Yusuf Khan has so far written 25 books and translated 10 books to contribute the country and the global people. They are:
- Illustrated Arabic Path, Total Page-32 for Class 6 under National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka
- Secondary Arabic, Total Pages-288 for Class IX & X under National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka
- Higher Secondary Arabic 1st Paper, Total Pages-252, 1998-1999 for Class XI & XII under National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka
- Higher Secondary Arabic 2nd Paper, Total Pages-408 for Class XI & XII under National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka
- Addurusul Arabiyah, Total Page-47 for Class 1 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board and National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Addurusul Arabiyah, Total Page-37 for Class 3 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board and National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Addurusul Arabiyah, Total Page-48 for Class 3 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board and National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Addurusul Arabiyah, Total Page-68 for Class 4 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board and National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Addurusul Arabia, Total Page-68 for Class 5 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board and National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Addurusul Arabiyah, Total Page-98 for Class 6 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board and National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Addurusul Arabiyah, Total Page-110 Class 7 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board and National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Addurusul Arabiyah, Total Page-152 for Class 8 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board and National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Almuntakhabul Arabiyah, Total Pages-300 for Dakhil Class (SSC) under National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Almuntakhabul Arabiyah, Total Page-287 for Alim Class (HSC) under National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka.
- Kitabul Insha, Total Page-50 for Class 6 to 8 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka.
- Masaelul Udahiyah and Tarqibiyah, Total Page-65 Islamic University Journal.
- Article Arratical “Arabic Language and Literature in Globalization” p-10 Islami Foundation Magazine published in October 2004
- “Method of Teaching” Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasah Magazine – 2004
- Articale “Significance on Arabic language and its impact on social life” Tamirul Millat Kamil Madrasa Magazine.
- Hajj Guide, Publisher: New Horizons – 2009, page-80
- Two verses of Al-Quran, Tazqir Publications-2010, page-80
- Ilmut Tazkir, Bangladesh Islamic Centre, Dhaka, Research Papers Collection 01, 2007, page-105
- Ways to Increase Wealth, Tazkeer Publications, 2011, p-95
- Ideal Parents in Building a Better Life for Children, Tajkir Publications, 2016 page-96
- Passengers on the Path of the Kaaba, Darul Hikmah Bangladesh. Page – 168
- Anwarul Qur’an Wattazbeed Li Al Atfal, from Surat al-Feel to Suratunnas for Class 6 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka.
- Anwarul Qur’an Wattazbeed Li Al Atfal from Suratul Ad Doha to Surah Al Humaja for Class 7 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka.
- Anwarul Qur’an Watazbeed Li Al Atfal from Surah An Naba to Surah Al Lail for Class 8 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka.
- Anwarul Qur’an Wattazbeed Li Al Atfal from Surah Fatiha to Surah Al Baqarah. for Class 9 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka.
- Commentary on Mishkat Al Mishbah, Kitab Al Adab from Bab Assalam to Bab Al Mutaharrah Wal Asabiyyah for Class 10 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka.
- Anwarul Qur’an under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka.
- Sharhe Mishkat al Mashabih, from Kitab al Adab to Bab al Biraa Assaleh, Kitab al Adab to the end. Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka
- Al Muntakhabul Arabiyah for class 9 to 10 under Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board, Dhaka.
- Rawaul Bayan for Fazil ( B.A) as per Fazil Syllabus of Islamic University, Kushtia
- Tafseer Jalalain, Fazil (B.A.) According to Fazil’s Syllabus. Islami University, Kushtia
Participation in various courses and programs:
- “Education, Administration and Management” from 28th October to 15th November and 1st January to 13th January 2005 having Grade A+ in the course.
- “How to Develop Primary Education” organized by the government of Bangladesh
- Participation in ‘Acting and Drama’ at King Saud University in Riyadh (KSA)
- Institute of Quran Memorization (ISESCO) organized “Sub Regional Quranic Meeting”.
- International Green Conference 2016
- International Workshop and Conference on “Role of Higher Education in Intercultural Dialogue and Strengthening of World Peace” from 26 November to December 2015. Venue: Jamia Millia Islamia in New Delhi 110025, India.
- Certificate Training Course “Computer Basic and Office Productivity” (BKITCE) Ministry of Education
He participated in many other educational and research civil courses in the country and outside the country.
Travelling and Excursions:
For achieving experience and skills in both academic and cultural fields, the Principal visited many countries of the world. Among those countries the notable are:
- Saudi Arabia
- Arab Emirates
In National Education Week 2022, (জাতীয় শিক্ষা সপ্তাহ ২০২২) Dr. Muhammad Abu Yusuf Khan was nominated as the best Head of educational institutions (Madrasa) at the national level.